Last Updated: July 2, 2012
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect information about you in various ways when you use the Site. For example, we collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you sign up to receive email updates, fill out the Contact Us form, send us an email or otherwise communicate with us. Such information may include your name, email address, phone number, or other related contact information. We may also obtain information about you from other sources and link or combine that with information we collect on our Site.
We also automatically collect information when you access or use our Site. For example, we collect your computer’s operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, access times, browser type and language and the website you visited before navigating to our Site. We also collect information about your usage of and activity on our Site.
Web Beacons. We may also collect information using Web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our Site or in our emails. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We use personal information collected through the Site for the purposes described in this Policy or otherwise disclosed to you on the Site. For example, we may use your information to:
• operate and improve the Site;
• respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
• request feedback and otherwise contact you about your use of the Site;
• send you news and information about events, activities and services offered by CSIP or our members that we think will be of interest to you; and
• link or combine with other personal information we receive from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
HOW DO WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
It is our policy not to share personal information collected through the Site with third parties except as described in this Policy or as otherwise disclosed to you on the Site. For example, we may share personal information as follows:
• when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you on the Site that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
• with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and need access to such information to carry out their work for us;
• when we believe that disclosure is reasonable to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; to enforce applicable user agreements or policies; to protect the security or integrity of our Site; and to protect CSIP, our users or the public from harm or illegal activities; and
• in connection with, or during negotiations of, an acquisition, financing, merger or sale of all or a substantial portion of our assets, with or to another company.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
The Site may offer social sharing features (such as the Google+ “Follow” button, the Twitter “Follow” button and the Facebook “Like” button) or other tools which let you share actions you take on our Site with other websites, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of certain information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the third party that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these social sharing features.
We take measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
You may opt out of receiving emails from CSIP by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt-out, we may still send you non-promotional emails. You may also request changes to your contact preferences and the personal information you have provided by completing our contact form.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Policy, please contact us.